NORESCO leverages its policy and engineering expertise to write innovative building energy efficiency standards.
The standards development process involves a diverse range of activities, from market research, to energy modeling, to stakeholder outreach. Our customers include policy-setting authorities from the municipal to international level.
Our Codes & Standards team also assists its customers with code implementation issues, a key element in turning adopted standards into real benefits at a utility meter. We support code implementation by placing tools in the hands of the building community such as user’s manuals and custom modeling procedures. We are committed to helping our customers move building codes toward zero net energy goals through code generation, education, implementation, and enforcement.
NORESCO provides a complete suite of services for codes and standards development including:
- Analyzing lifecycle cost-effectiveness for proposed energy efficiency measures
- Structuring energy modeling protocols to generate accurate and repeatable results
- Developing building energy efficiency asset rating protocols
- Incentivizing demand reduction efficiency measures by using Time Dependent Valuation (TDV) of energy
- Coordinating the production of standards documents through collaborative drafting processes
- Organizing stakeholder outreach and collaboration
- Developing building commissioning and acceptance testing processes
- Managing federal preemption issues in the development of state and municipal codes
- Assisting with the implementation of green building codes such as LEED® ordinances and CALGreen
NORESCO has helped develop many leading industry standards and manuals including:
- California’s Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards
- ASHRAE 90.1 User’s Manual
- COMNET Commercial Building Energy Modeling Guidelines and Procedures (MGP)
- Zero Energy Performance Index (zEPI)
LEED® is a registered trademark owned by the U.S. Green Building Council®.